Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Must Be The Money

I want to first say that I pray for all of the families that have been effected by all of the latest natural disasters. It's not something I hope to ever have to deal with (obviously, which is why I live where we don't have hurricanes and earthquakes). Having said that, I'm frustrated that we American citizens (and more specifically the government) complain about the deficit and how are taxes are going to the people in the south who couldn't get out of New Orleans because the government didn't hold there hand and color code the exits like they have for the last 20 years, yet we continue to give money to countries who can't spend it properly. Why can't we give Pakistan $50 million to build structures that can better withstand earthquakes? We give them this money and aid, yet they don't have the security forces to protect it so it gets to the people that need it. I know. I'm being insensitive. But it baffles me.
Quote of the day: A little 5 year-old girl was pulled from some rubble in Pakistan and the first thing she says is, "I want a drink." I feel your pain, young sister.

No comments: