Monday, January 21, 2008

Ask al-Qaeda

Move over, Dr. Ruth. Take a hike, Click and Clack. There is a new advice columnist in town.

Al-Qaeda, yes, that al-Qaeda, has taken some questions from its Internet followers. Now, no one is really sure what will happen to these questions. Followers were invited to post questions online for the groups #2 man, Ayman al-Zawahiri to answer. Once the Jan. 16 deadline to submit passed, all of the questions disappeared. It's not known who really asked the questions or who, if anyone, will actually answer the questions.

The House's favorite:
"I want to travel to join jihad and I sought my mother's permission, but she would not give it to me," he (a 23 year old man living with his divorced mother) said. "Can I go without her permission?"

Just how diverse the world is still sometimes amazes me. We talk so much, especially with the Internet, how small the world has gotten, but there are still so many places in the world that are a complete 180 from our beliefs and lifestyles. 

No comments: