Monday, March 17, 2008

The Train Keeps a Rollin'

Not surprising, after a petition begins to recall Mayor Fahey, there is now a petition to support a downtown ballpark. I'm not sure what the Douglas County government does, but are they so slow that they need petitions to keep them occupied? I guess I can't say that I'm surprised that the recalls keep coming in. I imagine these won't be the only two.
I have to say there are two scenarios that would make me happy (because that SO matters to the city of Omaha): 
1) A new stadium -- the new stadium would be beautiful, look out over the downtown skyline and would be state of the art. It would be welcome to Omaha by those in the city that want to be seen. 
2) Replace the original section of Rosenblatt -- the original metal part of Rosenblatt is an eye sore and is the worst part of the old girl. I realize that there are many other things that need to be replaced, but, as a fan, that's the minimum of what I want gone. It's embarrassing. 
My biggest issue with the new stadium is that I doubt it helps the O Royals, which I don't think Fahey and Diesing care about. It's not their agenda. Fahey doesn't have bad ideas, he just shoves the down people's throats, and that's what the city and I can't stand. The Old Feeder made a great comment on a previous post. It's the way they've done business and will until they are recalled or just get out.
By the way, Fahey fake-bakes like no one's business. He looks like a 20 year old chic getting ready for spring break. Come on Mayor. It's winter in Nebraska. We're not done...and does the city pay for that???

No comments: