Thursday, June 16, 2005

The Rant of the Day

So I just got back from CWS practice. For those of you unfamiliar, the day before the College World Series starts, all teams get an hour to practice at Rosenblatt Stadium, an event that is open to the public. I had to go get my credentials for the series, so I went in to sit and watch Tennessee warm up (I believe that Nebraska worked out at 9 because they were still around at 10:15 when I got there..Just missed a chance to say hi to Joba Chamberlain!! Should've stayed in my seat 5 more minutes!).
Anway, back to the issue: I was sitting along the third base line, watching the Vols take batting practice. In the outfield bleachers, not surprisingly, were a large amount of children begging for balls from the outfield players. Instead of asking for one politely, all you hear is, "Here! Here! Throw it here!!" I would've thrown it there, so that I hit the kid in the mouth so he'd shut it! I was annoyed and they weren't even yelling at me. Am I being too critical? Is the teacher in my coming out?? Oh well.

No comments: