Thursday, July 27, 2006

What Do You Mean I Didn't Win?

Channel 6's coverage of people trying to cash bogus lottery checks is rather disturbing. Not that people are trying to cash the checks, but I can't understand how these people get doped into this. The "You've Won the Lottery" junk mail has been going on forever! I would've thought this joke was over, but I guess if you can still get people to believe you, then keep it up! One check was from a guy who "won" the Spanish Lottery. I wonder if he thought maybe he had played the lottery and just forgot??? If it's too good to be true, it probably is. I would like to think if I got a one million dollar check in the mail, maybe I would ask the bank before looking stupid and trying to cash it. The best part of the story is the teller describing how people are in disbelief when their check is fake. Thankfully gullible isn't in the dictionary.

No comments: