Friday, January 20, 2006

That Dam Ashland!


I didn't actually read the front page of today's World-Herald until I arrived home tonight. I was deeply shocked when I got home after a short night on the town to find that someone has the balls to come out with a legislative bill to drown the town of Ashland and put a large recreational lake in its place. Don't get me wrong, it would be great to have that type of tourist attraction on this end of the state, but I would suggest checking with the Ashland mayor before proposing this. Who do you think you are, Mike Fahey? I thought the best quote of the night came from the Ashland's Mayor Wiig, who said that this is the exact reason why the public doesn't trust government. That's a great point. Maybe its just because I'm getting older, but I'm amazed at how big some people think their penises are, so they walk around and flaunt them, feeling that they are entitled to anything and everything their black heart desires. I think I'm begining to understand how these people think: "As long as it puts money in my pocket, others can make do." Is any Omahan surprised that Hal Daub has his name in this? He said that if we all backed down to pressure, the Qwest Center wouldn't have been built. What kind of frickin' genius are you? What town did you flood to make the Qwest? None! How dare you be so inconsiderate? Who do you think you are, Hillary Clinton? If the people of Ashland are willing to support this, I'm all for it. I have nothing to lose if the town floods, but I have the common sense to think of families and homes, not just money in my pocket.

1 comment:

Abe said...

Excellent points.