Monday, May 22, 2006

Let it Be Known: The "Brockmanites" Live


There are a few of us in the Omaha-metro-area cyberspace who watch way too much TV. We criticize the media, of all types, for stupidity and ignorance. Why? Because we can. We pull no punches. We take no prisoners.
I propose that, from this day forward, we become known as the "Brockmanites."
I am the first to say I was not a regular commentor on the Omaha TV News Blog, our own Jamestown, which was established and lifted to notoriety by our namesake Ted Brockman. However, I feel like part of the family. Maybe a redneck second cousin, but we don't deal with particulars.
By the day, there are more places for the Brockmanites to gather. I will add more as they become available. We must unite, so that together, we may shout in unison, our researched, (most of the time) intelligent, (sometimes as intelligent as a 7th grader, as noted by one crabby blogger at the mother site) banter, in hopes of a change. We respect what Sean Wiede and the Reader does, but sometimes he's a little too mature and professional for us! So, for us true Brockmanites, we will continue to do what we do, because we can do it, in honor of the great Ted Brockman. Make Ted proud!

2 comments:

Hosh said...

You know, I wondered that, too. I noticed it wasn't working properly, but I figured it was something with my computer. That's too bad. Maybe once we get our Brockmanite sites fully working he can open that back up for real comments. It is a great site.

Melanie said...

Count me in!

Sean said he was "retooling" his Reader's blog. Of course he said that a week ago, but hey.