Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Post-Election Thoughts

I didn't think Nebraskans had it in them.
Like the good American that I am, I didn't vote (we've moved within the last year and I refuse to go get a new driver's license since I got one a month before we moved, so I haven't registered either...I know, lazy). While I was pulling for Heineman, I really didn't think he had a chance. I took my fellow Nebraskans for fools, thinking they would be blinded by Dr. Tom's football championship rings. I tip my fez to all of you.
Regardless, Tom Osborne lost. I was disappointed to hear sports radio today spending the majority of their time on it. He lost. I don't care why. It's because people know that Governor Dave can do the job better than Dr. Tom. Get over it. If I want politics covered, I'll turn to a different station. I don't listen to Bill O'Reilly to find out why my Indians got swept by the god-awful Royals. Know your job. And do it.
On another note, all of you OPS worshipers who switched parties to vote for Osborne, I first chuckle, but then ponder what I would like you to do. The loyal Democrat in me says just stay Republican and leave us the heck alone. However, the gung-ho Democrat in me says bring all of your Republican friends onto the Hahn Bandwagon. There's plenty of room! Either way, take responsibility for what you did. I understand why, but that doesn't mean I agree with party switching.
Congrats to Pete Ricketts for purchasing his Senate Republican primary win. Don't mess with Ben.
In the next few months, I challenge us to take a strong look at our two choices for governor. I understand the uphill battle we Democrats are faced with. But it promises to be very interesting! As for now: Vote for Hahn!

5 comments:

ptg said...

There really wasn't much of anything for a real Democrat to get excited about, was there? At least you didn't rush out to change your party affiliation to influence the Republican primary. It goes to show that some Democrats, like yourself and Ben Nelson, do have more than a shred of moral fibre.

Hosh said...

No, there really wasn't. If we even have a Democrat in a race, they are running unopposed. It seems that Democrats in the state are getting so pumped up to "take the state" from Republicans, but we can't find enough qualified candidates.

Anonymous said...

hosh-
`nawlins has the same problem(qualified can..).

ptg said...

The Nebraska Democrat party's biggest challenge is always finding voters who will vote for a Democrat.

Hosh said...

You guys are both right. It really is too bad. I'm sure sometime soon that will all swing back to the Democrat side. While I'm not that old, I would like to think its a pendulum for some people. They vote whichever party is hot at the time. The Republican party has been hot for the last 8-10 years, even with Bush in office. I would like to think its starting to swing the other way. You can't stay in power for too long before you and/or your party screws up.