Monday, December 26, 2005

Eavesdropping on Antartic farting

I consider myself a fairly emotional person. I don't cry at movies...well, except Blues Brothers 2000, because that one sucked. But there are times when I get a little fired up. You can look back at previous posts, especially those dealing with the evil M-F Empire and OPS, and see times when you can imagine me sitting in the House venting like Yosemite Sam trying to pound Bugs into oblivion. Sometimes I calm down, sometimes I don't.
Being a Democrat in a Republican run United States does have some perks. No, we don't have a majority, but it also means there are more chances for Republicans to screw up and for Democrats to say "that wouldn't happen if we were in control." I would like to think wire-tapping, eavesdropping and other illegal listening devices wouldn't have happened if Democrats were in control. The president knowingly and willingly went beyond the law to get information that he thought was necessary. If it's so necessary, why don't we follow the law? If this information that the government collected is to be used in court, it will be thrown out, regardless of how important and damning it is to the alleged terroists, if the actions are ruled illegal. It will all be for not and will give America another black eye. I know you must act quickly, but, according to House of Hosh sources, there is a provision to get after-the-fact warrants to use these listening techniques. SO GET THE DAMN WARRANT!! In society today, you can't fart in Antartica without some sensor picking it up and the whole world knowing about in 30 seconds or less. Within two hours, it's on the CNN scroll and PETA is stringing up a noose, saying it will hang you from the tallest tree in Antartica. So why would the president and our government in Washington D.C., the one place in the world where more people go to get a name for themselves, whether it by local interns or foreign journalists, think they could get by with eavesdropping illegally? I understand the importance of having this information, which makes me even madder that all of this so-called valuable information was gathered illegally. I try to be nonpartisan, but some days make me thankful to be a Democrat.

No comments: